Italian BreakfastSpoodles, Boardwalk Resort
Yield: 6 servings
8 ounces yellow onion
2 ounces olive oil
2 ounces basil
32 ounces Italian sausage
32 ounces plum tomatoes, diced, peeled and seeded
32 ounces diced potatoes
to taste kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan and sauté the onions until translucent.
2. Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned.
3. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, basil and seasonings.
4. Cook for 15 minutes.
Serving and Assembly:
1. To assemble the plate, poach two eggs in simmering water until desired doneness.
2. Ladle 6 ounces of the sauce mixture into a bowl.
3. Toast a slice of Focaccia or your favorite bread and place on the sauce.
4. Top with the poached eggs.
5. Garnish with roasted red pepper, shredded parmesan cheese and fresh basil.