Spicy Cabbage with Rainbow ChardCape May Café, Beach Club Resort
Yield: 2 1/2 pounds
3 cups green cabbage
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup onion, Julienned
1 1/4 cup rainbow chard, sliced
1/3 cup smoked bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon red chili flakes
salt & pepper, to taste
1/3 cup butter
1. Heat olive oil with chopped bacon, onion and chili flake.
2. Render fat for about 1 minute.
3. Wilt cabbage on the hot water then and continue to sauté until cabbage is tender and begins to become translucent (about 3 minutes).
4. Add chard and wilt (additional 2 minutes).
5. Finish by tossing in with whole butter and salt and pepper to taste.