Chocolate Cookie MousseCape May Cafe, Beach Club Resort
Yield: 6 servings
6 chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling
2/3 cup (5.5 oz) white chocolate
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon granulated gelatin
3 egg yolks
1. Crumble purchased cookies into fine pieces in a food processor.
2. Melt white chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water. When melted, remove from heat.
3. With a heavy cream until medium-firm peaks form.
4. Pour 1/4 of the whipped heavy cream into a saucepan and sprinkle in the gelatin. Let sit for about 3 minutes, until the gelatin softens and swells.
5. Heat gelatin over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and gently blend in egg yolks.
6. Add melted chocolate, stirring fast to avoid lumps.
7. Fold the remaining whipped heavy cream and cookies together, then fold into white chocolate mixture. Pour into serving bowls (champagne glasses are wine glasses work well).
8. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.